DIY Hidden Bookcase Door
Last Updated on October 8, 2015
Wouldn’t it be nice to have your own little private space? Whether it be for studying, working, taking naps, reading, or just spending some time alone.
The good news is that you don’t need to add an extra room in your home to create a secret space. You can turn any room into a private space by using bookcases as hidden doors.
This project in particular shows a 2-door sliding bookcase that opens and closes smoothly. The perfect combination, books, storage a secret room
Would you like your own secret room?
- 2 pcs 3/4″ 4’x 8′ Maple Plywood – for door back
- 4 pcs 3/4″ 4’x 8′ Maple Board – for sides
- 16 pcs 1/2″ 6″ x 4′ Maple Boards – for shelves
- 2 sets 3 Global Bearing Hinges
- 2 pairs K&V Extra Heavy Duty Slides
- 48 pcs 5mm Shelf Brackets
- 5mm Drill Bits
- Wood Glue